Friday, December 28, 2007
I described our current living situation as a nice camping trip. I wash my face and brush my teach at the water spouts for the laundry with a bucket to catch the water and our toilet should be going in as we speak. We luckily have had use of other facilities thus far, but I don't think I will ever be so glad to see a porcelain throne in working condition. Our bathroom is so close to being 95% done and once it is our time can finally be spent doing other things. I do have some pictures to update the blog with. I will try to get that done in the next few days but it isn't likely that we will have Internet available at home yet so it might be next week before that happens.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and got some R&R and great food, I know we enjoyed those things, especially this Christmas, even if it was only for a few hours at at time.
Monday, December 10, 2007
- Kitchen has drywall up with the exception of the area on the ceiling and around the patio door.
- Can lights have been installed in the kitchen.
- Kitchen and bath areas have new subfloor and underlayment of some type.
- Full bath has almost all the drywall up and now has a ceiling (woo hoo for not heating the attic!!), we just need to finish getting drywall/cement board up around the bathtub and then we will be ready to tape, mud and sand the drywall.
- The purple room is no longer purple and after 3 coats of primer is now white, we'll decide on a color later.
- And probably one of the most visual changes from this weekend is documented below:
Here is our living room area before we started painting you will notice a portion is an nice light robins egg blue, while the other wall nicely coordinated with a deep avocado green
Below the ghostly looking room is in the process of being rid of those nasty colors. With the help of my parents and good friends Michelle and Steve we were able to get 2 coats of primer in this room and the dining room on Saturday.
And then finally on Sunday we were able to paint it the finish coat. It is Ralph Lauren paint in the color "Sisal." I would highly recommend this paint it is only a few dollars more than the Behr or Valspar paints and it went on so easily and covered great. They also have a great palette of colors.
So this room is fairly close to being done. We just need to change all of the outlets and covers and get the baseboards up. We are leaving the floor to the professionals, we are not going to try our hand at installing carpet.
Stay tuned for more updates they should start getting more fun in the changes that you see :)!!!!
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Monday, December 3, 2007
Ta da we had 12 feet of wall at this point a vast improvement over zero!!
Below is the room were we are keeping all the stuff, and I tried to get a picture of one of our cabinets (you can see the side in the left part of the picture). Thanks to Adam's Dad we picked up all of the cabinets and counter tops, as well as our stove and microwave. Now it is all just waiting for installation.
And here is a quick picture of our counter tops.