We did have progress and a few cabinets are up on the wall, of course we are hitting a few snags along the way. What would a home improvement project be without a few snags that make you want to pull your hair out. Adam did have some helpers with this project, his brother Chris and our friend Steve. You can see Steve's face resting against the side of the cabinet in the left of the picture.
Our mains issue is that we need to reroute some wiring which isn't fun but shouldn't be too bad of a fix. The stopper currently is that the microwave wire is coming out of the drywall on the opposite side of where it needs to be and too low to get the outlet box into the cabinet that will be above the microwave. Hopefully that won't be too awful to fix. The other issue is that the outlet box that houses our exhaust fan switch and a GFCI outlet will currently be cut in half by the top of our oven range. We need to move that to the other side of the stud. Adam isn't too happy about that move but it is a much cheaper fix than the $1600 it would cost for a specialty stove that is only 42 inches high. I'm excited that there is something up but I realize with the couple of fixes we have it won't go as fast as we had hoped.