Friday, August 14, 2009

24 weeks .....The second trimester is almost over

I can't believe it has already been 24 weeks and that we only have 16 weeks until this little one is going to be making her arrival.

I read somewhere that my uterus is the size of soccer ball this week and Baby Girl is getting close to being a foot long and is weighing in at a whopping 1.5 lbs. If at this stage, she were to be born, there is a chance of survival with modern medicine, we of course are praying that she stays put for a few more months.

I had my monthly doctors appointment and everything looked good:

Blood pressure - good
Weight - good
Measuring right on schedule with my estimated due date
No signs of pre-eclampsia or any of those nasty pregnancy things

At my next appointment I get to drink the lovely sugary nastiness and then get my blood drawn to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes, this is just one of the normal tests as all you Mom's out there know. After my appointment in early September I start going every 2 weeks and then we are taking our prenatal (birthing and breastfeeding classes) in early October. I have a feeling that this fall is going to fly by!!


No comments: