Saturday, November 28, 2009

Tick...Tick...Tick...Tick....

This is what I feel like, a ticking time bomb, that could go off at anytime but no one knows when that will be. I had my 39 week appointment this last Wednesday at which time I really had made no progress in regard to dilation or effacement. My Dr., um helped me get to 1 cm, just to see if maybe we could get things going a little.

Thursday we were able to have both sides of our immediate families over, as well as, my aunt and uncle from my Dad's side, and had a great Thanksgiving dinner. My mom did a ton all afternoon and then everyone else pitched in so I really didn't have to do much at all. Adam was the Turkey preparer and he did a great job for his first Turkey, it was really good. He also made a homemade apple pie, he enjoys baking much more than I do! I would normally feel compelled that I need to make something but I really didn't at 39+ weeks pregnant. I did mash the 7lbs of potatoes so I guess that was my contribution. I think my mother and mother-in-law were about ready to strap me to the couch to make me sit down and stay, but its just so weird to not help prep stuff, especially when it is at my house.

Yesterday we really didn't do a whole lot, since I can't sleep past 6:00 or 6:30, I got up and did stuff until Adam got up. We then played some Wii bowling and tennis, I'm much better at bowling than tennis, Adam kicks my butt in tennis when he isn't even playing full force. Adam then played about 2 hours of Tiger Woods golf while I took a nap, guess that triptophane (sp?) was kicking in ;) We did have an indication that maybe a little more was going on in the labor department, no contractions or anything, so we decided we would go to the mall if for no other reason than to just walk to see if we could get this party started!! I don't really know that it helped and we didn't buy a darn thing at the mall, good thing we don't get up at 4:00 am with the crazies.

Today I'm pretty much feeling normal and don't really feel like I'm having any contractions or anything. I told Adam we need to go to a movie or something tonight because this sitting around and waiting thing is going to drive me crazy.

So there you have it, pretty much no news, and I guess she still has about 60 hours to get here and still be within the time of her due date and not considered late!!!

2 comments:

VerWaynia said...

Time passes so slowly those last few weeks, but when you look back it will all be a blur!

Chris said...

Thanks for the update. Good to kinda see you Thursday.